“If you can dream it, then you can achieve it. You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want”. Zig Ziglar – Motivational speaker, writer and author of: Secrets of Closing the Sale. 1926 – 2012
Hi, I’m Leslie Sibbitt, award winning mega agent with Keller Williams Realty South Tampa.
A Florida native, I was born and raised in West Palm Beach. I attended and graduated from Florida State University in 1987 with a Bachelors Degree in Interior Design. I did not know it at the time that this would be a great pairing with my later career in real estate. I moved to Tampa in 1994 and bought a bungalow in South Tampa in Palma Ceia. I loved it! I’ve always appreciated the older homes with lots of character and hence I jumped right in and started renovating my old beauty. Of course I was surprised to eventually learn that renovating these gorgeous wood frame houses was indeed a challenge. However being very determined by nature, I completed the renovation and was delighted with the results. I later met and married my wonderful husband, David, an incredible artist and photographer, and we bought and renovated an old 1925 bungalow in the Tampa Heights area (just south of Seminole Heights). We have since renovated numerous old homes and now keep them as good rental income properties.
- I will go over the most recent sold comparables in your neighborhood to ensure you price it right… without leaving any money behind.
- Suggest staging ideas so your home is welcoming to buyers from the curb to the backyard and everything in between. Inform you of inexpensive ‘to do’ things that will have you selling quickly and for top dollar.
- I offer professional wide angle lens photography (yes, a picture really is worth a 1,000 words)
- Write an artful, creative and detailed description of your home and make certain that your home really stands out from the crowd.
- Send out a professional email marketing flyer of your home to over 4600 Realtors in the Tampa Bay area.
- Market your home with aggressive internet exposure to over 350 websites such as Realtor.com, Zillow, Trulia, Homes.com, Military.com and many more.
- Use social media to market your home such as Sibbitt Team on Facebook and Sibbitt Team on Instagram
- Send out a new listing announcement email to all of my fellow Keller Williams Agents and the other Realtors who sell in your area.
- Debut your home in the local Realtor home tour.
- Hold open house events.
- Utilize a showing service who confirms that all showing agents are currently licensed. Plus they capture the contact information for the agent and records the appointment day and time
- Consistently network with other Realtors and potential buyers about your beautiful home!
Just as important however is to have an experienced Realtor who knows how to ‘think outside of the box’, help you navigate through the maze of contracts, disclosures, addendums, inspections, appraisals, repair issues, buyer financing approvals and so on. If your home is priced right, getting a contract on your home is relatively easy; the challenge comes with the next two steps of a contract: Inspections and Appraisal.
The first step is the home inspection. I can advise you on making any needed repairs before the inspection. I attend the summary portion of all inspections to ensure I am your eyes and ears for you. I ask the inspector to walk me around the house and point out any deficiencies he’s found so that I know how to explain them to you.
The second step is the appraisal. I make sure the appraiser is experienced and is familiar with your neighborhood. I attend the appraisal so that I can give the appraiser a list of any improvements that you’ve done and the recent comparable sales to help them determine the accurate value of your home. Once an appraisal is done it is pretty much written in stone. If it comes in lower than the contract price, the buyer can come up to the contract price if they have the cash to cover the difference, or you can come down to the appraised price. However it is an extremely rare buyer who will pay more than the appraised price of a home.
I believe that selling a home is a strategically planned and creative process where every detail in the transaction is important and cannot be overlooked. I don’t want to take selling your home for granted and I’m sure you don’t either.
My extensive renovation knowledge blends perfectly in helping buyers find a home in good condition. Within minutes of walking in the door of a potential home, I can very often detect foundation issues, roof leaks, termite activity and various other problems and will show these areas to you. I can also offer an idea on the cost of repair, or if the problem is major and we should move on. In addition my degree in interior design with an emphasis on space planning is very beneficial in helping buyers see the possibilities of re-creating a space such as removing a wall to put in a breakfast bar overlooking the living area, or perhaps suggesting furniture placement.
- The first step in the home buying process is to make sure you are pre-approved to purchase a home. If you do not have a preferred lender, I will assist in getting you quickly pre-approved through one of my preferred lenders. This process takes about 5 minutes over the phone. Why get pre-approved first? Without it, we won’t know what price home you can comfortably afford and a seller will not look at your offer unless this vital document accompanies the offer.
- I will listen intently to the home you are dreaming about and then scour the MLS system for good matches and network with my fellow Realtors to see if they have any new listings coming on the market. Then we’ll set up a day and time that’s convenient for you to go see them!
- When you are ready to place an offer on a home I will help you determine the best price by researching the most recent sold comparables in the neighborhood and other pricing valuations such as condition, upgrades and location.
- Once you have a contract on a home I can recommend competent inspectors to determine the condition of the home.
- I will assist you every step of the way from negotiations to contract, through inspections, appraisal – all the way to a smooth and stress free closing.
I love what I do and I’m enthusiastic about doing it. Whether you are a buyer or a seller, contact me to schedule a confidential appointment so I can listen to your real estate plans and dreams and set a path to help you achieve them.